Not all malpractice insurance programs are created equal…
Baird MacGregor has been delivering high quality professional liability malpractice insurance to RPNAO’s member RPN’s since 1986.
How our program is a cut above
As an RPNAO member, your insurance will cover you 24 hours a day, seven days a week, worry free; all this with zero deductible. Whether you are practicing nursing as a paid employee at one job or more, or volunteering as a nurse.
- $1,000,000 limit for each loss per nurse and $3,000,000 limit for all losses per year per nurse – meeting the new mandatory CNO by-law requirement effective March 31, 2014 CNO By-law 44.4
- 36 month reporting period extension due to cessation of practice, retirement, death or disability - exceeding the new mandatory 2 year extended reporting period coverage effective March 31, 2014
- Legal expense coverage– Access to competent and confidential legal advice, a unique and valued program benefit for RPNAO members. This is not required by the CNO by- law and may not be included with other insurance plans
- Criminal defense expense extension - if you are proven innocent. This additional benefit is not required by the CNO by-law and may not be included with other insurance plans
- Reimbursement up to a maximum of $250 per day for expenses should the nurse be required to attend an examination for discovery, pre-trial or trial. This extra benefit is not required by the CNO by-law and may not be included with other insurance plans
Nurses feel very vulnerable and frightened when faced with a complaint or a potential legal challenge. These situations are very stressful. When a member of RPNAO calls to report an incident, they are always relieved that their program provides them access to competent and confidential legal advice under the legal expense extension of the RPNAO program.
* Legal- Legal expenses arising out of nursing
For more information about your RPNAO Professional Liability Insurance program, contact our office at 905-602-4664 or 1-877-602-4664 ext. 221.