The Gerontological Nursing Association Ontario (GNAO) serves a membership of over 1800 Gerontological Nurses in eleven chapters across the Province. Our members represent a diverse richness in terms of nursing practice. You will find us working in all sectors and positions in health care. However, we share a common commitment and enthusiasm for gerontological nursing. Our regular members include Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses who have full voting privileges and may hold any chapter office in our association. As a regular GNAO member you also receive an automatic membership with the Canadian Gerontological Nursing Association (CGNA.) We also have student and associate members.
Consider joining the GNAO. You will:
• Support political advocacy initiatives – locally, provincially and nationally
• Acquire automatic membership in the Canadian Gerontological Nursing Association (CGNA)
• Keep abreast of current issues and trends through Perspectives, the online peer-reviewed CGNA journal
• Receive email alerts notifying you of upcoming conferences, webinars, educational opportunities etc.
• Participate in educational events for ongoing professional development
• Network with those who share your passion for gerontology
• Enhance your leadership by engaging in chapter executive activities
The mission of GNAO is to make a positive difference in the lives of older people and the nurses who care for them.
All older people in the province of Ontario are cared for by nurses whose practice is evidence-informed, relationship-centred and meets the current Canadian Gerontological Nursing Competencies and Standards of Practice.
RPNAO student members, join the Gerontological Nursing Association Ontario (GNAO) as a Student Associate for free!